When installing SharePoint Server 2016 on either Windows Server 2016 standard or 2012 R2 Standard. There is a common issue with Windows Server AppFabric. The following is one of the solutions may help you fix the issue. (I tried all solutions from a Technet blog but there is no luck.)
- Go to Control Panel and uninstalled AppFabric 1.1.
- Then, run the following command again:
- Lastly, download the CU 7 for Microsoft AppFabric 1.1 and install it. You run the following PowerShell command to install it as well.
- D:\SP16_Sources\prerequisiteinstaller.exe is the location of preparation tool.
- D:\SP16_Pre\ is the location of the prerequisites files I downloaded.
After that, you can install the SharePoint prerequisites again by using either preparation tool or PowerShell command line, the installation will be completed successfully.